Saturday, April 28, 2012

Best & Worst of Tech & Topics

I really enjoyed this class! My favorite part was learning about all the different presentation tools and fun technology we could utilize in the classroom. Though I don't know if I would use most of it, the ideas were really cool and I realized there was a lot more technology available to teachers than I originally realized. Since I'll be teaching high school in the future, I really think a lot of the technology we learned about would make it more fun for my future students, not to mention it's probably something they'd be more familiar with.

There wasn't really anything I didn't like about the course itself....everything we learned was useful information and was relevant to the course and my future career in teaching. I thought it was a perfect balance of fun and work, and also important, relevant teaching topics with fun technology (hence the name of the course). However, I did find the portfolio to be extremely tedious and very difficult for me especially, because I haven't even done my student teaching yet. I felt like I was kind of BSing a lot, which isn't how it should be. I would have rather done this when I could actually offer first-hand experience and ideas. Overall though, loved the class and I'm sad to see it end!

No comments:

Post a Comment