Saturday, April 21, 2012

My Web 2.0 Tool: Webspiration

 For my Web 2.0 tool, I chose Webspiration, which is a secure and safe way for students to create fun and professional-looking webs and graphic organizers as a way of brainstorming for their papers.

1. How does this advance my curriculum and apply to my content area?

Since I will be an English teacher, I think this tool will greatly help students improve their writing by brainstorming in a fun way. This helps students get their ideas on paper in a visual and more enhanced format that allows them to see all their ideas that they will use in their essays. This gives them the chance to see how they all connect and relate to each other, which will help them ultimately enhance their writing and overall content.


2. Is it secure?

It is secure and requires a username and password to log in, which is nice because I won't have to worry about my students' ideas or mine escaping into the web. However, you can still collaborate with others and share your webs and organizers with other students, which will come in handy in the classroom for students to share ideas with one another.

3. Does it enable students to gain a deeper understanding of the content in a critical, creative manner?

I think it does enable students to gain a deeper understandings of the content, and most especially their own personal content of their essays. Rather than just writing it on their own without even planning out their ideas, they can draw it out in a fun format and visually see it and think critically about how their ideas all relate to one another, and figure out the best way to make their essays flow.

No comments:

Post a Comment