Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Seeing/Hearing Myself Teach

is soooooo weird! Granted, I'm only a Sophomore undergrad, but making this video made my career seem that much closer to a reality. I've had a good amount of experience working with kids and instructing them to a degree through various observations and whatnot, but nothing like teaching my own mini-lesson and having to watch it and hear it for myself afterward. There's always a certain degree of discomfort that causes people to ask themselves, "Do I really sound like that?!" Hah. I suppose that's along the same lines of what was going through my mind as I watched myself teach a fabricated lesson, but most of all I was just impressed with how real it felt. It got me more excited about my future career as a teacher, and helped me familiarize with the field a little better.

No comments:

Post a Comment